Crit Chance vs. Crit Damage (CC vs CHD)

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Herbdoctor

Crit Chance vs. Crit Damage (CC vs CHD)

Post by Herbdoctor »

Is there a sweetspot I should aim for (rogue)? Using 50% ias heartseeker.

Crafting rings right now, should I aim for a 6/6mana and life leach with high crit chance?

Or would life steal and mana steal with CHD be better?

Or should Hit recovery be on there with crit chance?

I am having a really hard time trying to find information on "What is BEST" gear and ideal number for rogue (or any class for that matter).
I have tried to use the search function, but it picks up lots of jibber jabber that is not really helpful.
Ugily

Re: Crit Chance vs. Crit Damage (CC vs CHD)

Post by Ugily »

It seems speed is probably the most important factor for any weapon whether it is ranged or melee. In Torment, crits become more important and Ignore Target Defense is mandatory to defeat most bosses.
D1sfigur3d

Re: Crit Chance vs. Crit Damage (CC vs CHD)

Post by D1sfigur3d »

Since u already have a heartseeker which is probably good rolled on crit chance u must be having quite high total crit chance now. As a priority I would suggest that u increase ur attack speed by using dragonslayers cage and lady Zenobia or Mavina helmets (cats eye amu which I have not found yet is also a nice attack speed booster), max out ur crit chance and make it 100% (gladiators griddle belt helps with additional 15%), then u would have to increase ur crit dmg as much as possible with rings and amu for higher DPS. One of ur rings needs to have at least 5% mana steal to maintain skills and spells potions-free usage.
My current setup for my lvl 55 rogue is following:
Lady Zenobia helmet
Dragonslaers cage
Gladiators griddle belt
Heartseeker
Rare amu with +all stats, resists and crit dmg
Rare rings with +all stats, resists, crit dmg and mana steal. As for life steal, heartseeker and Zenobia should provide sufficient amount.
Im my inventory I keep battlemasters coat for Gamar and Diablo.
Currently have some 5550 dps with 99% crit chance, actual single hit dmg is around 6100, hitting demons with battlemasters coat on for 11000 of dmg. With potions DPS is over 6300 and actual hit dmg is over 7000.
Unfortunately I don’t have fanatics ring and amu recipes, think I would further increase my DPS with them once found.